Westchester Fertility welcomes same sex couples and individuals who want to become parents.
There are a variety of options lesbian women can use to become pregnant. Because of New York laws, however, we are more limited in the type of services we can offer gay men.
Most lesbian women will not have fertility issues, but will still need the assistance of a sperm donor as well as fertility treatments like artificial insemination, also known as intrauterine insemination (IUI), to conceive. However, during these attempts or in the evaluation process, we might discover an infertility condition.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- IUI involves placing specially prepared sperm inside a woman's uterus to facilitate fertilization.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- IVF might be needed after three or more failed IUI cycles or if the intended mother has blocked fallopian tubes or other factors necessitating this procedure.
- Reciprocal IVF
- Reciprocal IVF is used when both lesbian women want to be involved in the pregnancy. One partner may have her eggs retrieved and then combined with the donor's sperm. The second female undergoes the transfer with the resulting embryos.
Surrogacy for Males
The current law in New York state prohibits commercial surrogacy. Both heterosexual and same sex prospective parents only can use the services of a compassionate surrogate mother if they want to pursue this. We strongly suggest you consult with a reproductive attorney before embarking on this path.
Search the site
What our Patients say
Jessie wrote on our Facebook page:
“I can’t say enough wonderful things about my entire experience with Dr. Blotner and all of his staff. Infertility is a struggle and everyone at this office is so supportive.”